- Bent Branderup clinic SEAT LEGS HAND
Bent Branderup clinic SEAT LEGS HAND
Bent Branderup -International Zoom-Clinic - SEAT LEGS and HAND - THE AIDS
29-30 October 2022.
The organiser is Hanna Engström, www.ekeskogs-ridingacademy.com.
The clinic will be live-streamed with zoom.
Recordings are available for 14 days after the clinic for those who have bought a ticket for this event.
Your Zoom link will be provided the week before the clinic starts.
Cost: 95 EUR
This live-streamed weekend clinic with Bent Branderup 29-30 October with Theory about Step 3 below: SEAT LEGS and HAND - THE AIDS
Different equipage shares their way climbing the Ladder of Academic Art of Riding Step 0 - 10, which is body education that improves the health of the horse, that shall carry a rider.
It is essential that both the horse and the rider are comfortable and working on the state of the individual achievements.
Welcome to join us!
The Academic Ladder
- Step 0: basic horse and man relationship- grooming and leading
- Step 1: groundwork - the horse is getting used to the cavesson, bending shape and posture, and stepping forward with the hindleg to carry more of its weight. The philosophy is to build up the horse to know itself first before the rider is on its back. During this education time, the man becomes more aware of body position and sees the horse deeper in soul and body. The relationship is becoming more profound.
- Step 2: lungeing- a position where we can observe the horse during all the gates and communicate for better balance and self-carrying and help the horse gain self-confidence and strength on a further distance.
- Step 3: starting to ride- horse learns to find balance under the rider, still supported by the lunger while being introduced to the Aids of the rider. Primary aid: The seat. Secondary aids: legs and hand
- Step 3 from the ground can be handwork that refines the understanding of the hand, and long rain/cross-ower is fine-tuning the knowledge of the aids from a position closer to the hindquarter of the horse.
- Step 4: circle- bending the horse left and right, brings awareness of the inner and outer track.
- Step 5: shoulder-in, increase training of the inside hind leg.
- Step 6: quarter in - increase the movement of the outside hind leg.
- Step 7: develop straitness and further communication- through shooling exercises.
- Step 8: Engaging the topline
- Step 9: collection towards piaff
- Step 10: carré and piruett
It is no limits on how far the equipment can go together except that it has to be "two souls that want what two bodies can physically manage."